Thursday, November 6, 2008

Thankful Thursday

This week was a bit of a stressful one for me. It started on Sunday when I woke up with a fever and a cold. This has lasted most of the week. I had my big Thinking Maps inservice I was co-leading with another teacher from 8 to 3 on Tuesday. I met with my co-presenter, Maureen, on Monday night to go over the slide presentation. She was feeling overwhelmed with just finishing report cards and preparing for parent conferences. I was praying my voice would hold up without coughing, and my nose wouldn't be a constant faucet. The Lord is so faithful and I want to give Him glory for His hand on this day. Maureen and I were 'randomly' paired together to be presenters for two elementary schools. After our first meeting, we realized we were both believers. We actually had a lot in common. When I got to her house Monday night we prayed together before we started. It was such a wonderful way to set the tone for our time. Here are some of the other things I am thankful for this week:

1. David took the day off to take care of Abby while I was 'working.'
2. I forgot to bring my cough drops, but found some in the middle console of my car.
3. The presentation went well and the participants were attentive and positive.
4. I didn't cough or go through a kleenex box.
5. I had a fever all day, but still had energy and enthusiasm.

God is good and I am thankful.

No comments: