Thursday, February 25, 2010

MIA


Well, I have been missing for quite some time now. I think the last few months have been life changing and I have totally neglected my blog. I am sorry to family and friends who have missed updates on Abigail and our family. Our family is about to welcome a new addition any time now. I am 38 weeks 5 days pregnant. Wow! It still feels surreal even though I have a very active baby girl in my belly to prove it. I wanted to recap all that has happened in the last few months to serve as a reminder to me of God's faithfulness. Let's see, last time I updated was back in September. This was a hard time of trusting God with David's job search. I am pleased to say that by the end of October God blessed David with an amazing job with Pacific Life. He is in charge of special projects and he is working with their top engineers on new technology. His job is challenging and his gifts and talents are being utilized daily. The benefits for our family are wonderful and we thank God daily for this job he provided.

After David's job was secured, we moved the first week of December.What a crazy time! We are so thankful for our new place. We were blessed to move into my sister-in-law's grandmother's house. It is a larger house with a better layout for our growing family. We are saving money on rent and the location is closer to the freeway which helps with David's daily commute.

My brother and his wife were able to visit in December from CO. Brian had heart surgery on the 22nd of December. This was another huge event in our family. He has suffered from issues with atrial fibrillation since he was 18. He had a procedure called a catheter ablation. The surgery was a success and Brian has had no side effects from it. Again, we praise God for His faithfulness.

After a low key Christmas and New Years, we found ourselves in 2010. At the end of the month, we received the tragic news of our dear friend's death. Jonathan Glyer was killed instantly while working at his job in a machine shop. He was only 27. This has rocked our world. We ministered together at church to the youth for years. Jon was David's best friend and he left behind a wife, Sarah. We have hope because Jonathan was a believer and we know that he is in heaven. David flew up to the memorial in Seattle, WA and we both attended the service at Biola here for CA family and friends. David and I both lived with the Glyer family at different times before we were married. We are now trying to minister to Sarah and the family as we grieve together. David wrote about Jonathan and his journey to both memorials to honor his friend here.

All these major events have happened during this pregnancy. God has kept me healthy and has sustained me through it all. My doctor did take some extra precautions this pregnancy in regards to my 'chronic hypertension.' For the last two months until delivery, I have had multiple doctor appointments to monitor the baby's movement/heart rate, my bp, and level of amniotic fluid. Three times a week I have been getting ultrasounds, having non-stress tests, and regular ob doctor visits. Thankfully, my church friends and family have really helped me out with childcare for Abigail. Being monitored so much has been a bit inconvenient, but I am so pleased that I have had no problems with my blood pressure and the baby is growing well. I was sent to the hospital on February second because the baby's heart rate wasn't accelerating like they would have liked to see. After a few hours in labor in delivery, I was sent home. I realized I was probably dehydrated and hadn't eaten enough that day. I have learned my lesson and I make sure to drink my fluids and eat, even when I don't feel like it.

That is life in a nutshell. I will update with more pictures in my next blog post. I promise it won't take me 5 months to update. :)

4 comments:

~Beth D. said...

Hey beautiful Momma! tough stuff going on, but a precious baby on the way. Stay healthy!

Randall and Rachel Beita said...

Wow! You guys have been through a lot! You are in my prayers. Take care of that baby, won´t be long now. Love you guys.

Joyful Wife said...

Kim, it is so great to hear from you again. I have been praying for you so much the last several months and keep checking your blog. I am praying for you labor and delivery and know your baby dear is coming into a wonderful family!!

Love you so much

Traci said...

thanks for the update, Kim! can't wait for your big news!