Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Abby is 5 months old

Size:
Abigail is still a little peanut. Just look at these jeans. Where did her feet go? :) She is growing. Her current weight is 12lbs 1/2 oz. She has gained a whole pound from last month to this month. Yay! She still wears size 1 diapers. She is wearing 3 month clothes. Some 3 to 6 month clothes fit her, but are a little big. I tried some medium size pjs on her this week and they seem to be fine. Don't you just love footed pajamas?!

Movement:
David and I think she is going to be a little gymnast if she stays this petite. She is strong, flexible, and moves around so much. I always find her in a new position in her crib in the morning. Her playmat seems too small for her because she is always rolling and scooting off of it.
Playing:
She can't sit up on her own yet, but she sure does love her Bumbo seat. Her seat has a play tray. We put little toys on it and she slaps the table and knocks them off. David was watching her Monday night when I went to Bible study and he said she licked the table and then splashed her hands in her slobber. She enjoys playing with her ring links and bunny. She has a snail teether that she loves to bite on.Discovering her tongue:
She seems fasinated with putting her tongue on everything; your face, your hand, your leg, your hair, anything that is in reach. She still reaches out with her hands, but loves to 'point' with her tongue. Lately when I have been drinking a plastic cup of ice water she wants to put her tongue on it. I say, "Brrr, it's cold." She has dumped that water all down the front of me about three times now while she was nursing. I think she wants me to say, "Brrr, that's really cold," with more enthusiasm. ;)

'Talking':
Abigail is very vocal. She squeals, shrieks, laughs, and giggles. She especially likes kisses on her neck from Mommy and raspberries on her tummy from Daddy. She will laugh and giggle for quite awhile. I love it!! For the last week, she has been waking up about 5:30AM to talk in her crib. I am sure she has some great stories to tell, but I am still trying to sleep at this point. She talks for awhile and then goes back to sleep. I tell her to save her very best stories for 7 AM, then I am all ears. :)Singing Songs:
Abigail likes music. I sing to her all the time. She even helps me with worship at church. I put her in the Baby Bjorn. Her favorite songs these days are: Jesus Loves Me, Hosanna, Joy in My Heart, Good Morning Song, I'm in the Lord's Army, Jesus Loves the Little Children, Deep and Wide, and Has Anybody Told You I Love You Today.

Sleep Habits:
Abby is a good sleeper at night. We are still working on her naps during the day. Sometimes they only last 30 to 45 minutes. It's all about paying attention to her cues and providing her some time to wind down and relax. She takes a nap in the morning and two little ones in the afternoon. She goes to bed at night between 7 and 8. She is so much happier and alert when she has her naps. I try to make sure we are not out and about when she needs to sleep. She sleeps fine in the car, but I would rather have her in her crib. During the day, she will snooze in her swing. I sometimes resort to this when she won't go to sleep in her crib.

I look forward to seeing her grow and change into the little girl Jesus wants her to be. It's been an amazing journey so far.

2 comments:

Randall and Rachel Beita said...

Isn´t it fun to watch how they devolop and grow. She is so little. Josiah is 4 months and much bigger.

Traci said...

those are really sweet pictures. thanks for the great update on how she's doing. Yeah for her gaining a little weight and helping mommy feel better about it! Way to go Abby!