Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas Memories


I love Christmas. I think my heart is filled with such joy during this time of year. I have such fond memories of celebrating Christmas with my family. I love to keep traditions alive. Here are some of my great memories.
*Singing carols as a family
*Picking out a Christmas tree and Dad cutting it down with a saw
*Decorating the tree while Dad was at work and then surprising him when he got home
*Making a birthday cake for Jesus on Christmas Eve
*Opening one present on Christmas Eve (It was always pajamas.)
*Unwrapping each little gift in my Kimberly Stocking which says 78 even though I was born in 77, silly Great Aunts
*Making Monkey Bread on Christmas morning for breakfast
*Driving to Grandma's
*Decorating Sugar Cookies
*Opening a present from Honeybun (my grandparents' dog)
*Playing along with Grandpa's questions, even though we were never taught to believe in Santa Clause
*Singing in church programs
*Secretly picking a gift for Brian
*Never looking for hidden presents (We were told if we snooped, we wouldn't get anything. I was very obedient, because I didn't want to suffer the consequences.)

I am sure there are many more memories, but my parents always made sure we knew the true meaning of the holiday. Now I get to celebrate with Abigail. I am so excited to share some of the same traditions with her. Shhh! Don't tell her, she will be opening new pajamas on Christmas Eve.

No comments: