Sunday, August 23, 2009

14 and 15 month stats









I am yet again behind in my blogging. I have a good reason! I promise. Abigail is going to be a big sister. I am 12 weeks 2 days pregnant! I am due March 6. Needless to say, I haven't been feeling well. This pregnancy has been filled with fatigue, headaches, heartburn, waves of nauseousness, and food aversions. I am hoping the worst of it is over, since I have hit 12 weeks. Although, last night I was incredibly sick and needed all day today to recover. I kept my food plan simple today with bland snacks of toast, crackers, apple sauce, and cereal. It all seemed to sit well on my empty stomach. We had an ultrasound on our first doctor visit and we got to see the baby's heart beating. We have another ultrasound scheduled in the beginning of October and we hope to find out the baby's sex. This pregnancy feels totally different, but I am not guessing a boy or girl yet. I have been praying for a healthy baby. So far, my blood tests and blood pressure have been on target. Before I found out I was pregnant, I participated in a weight loss challenge with a friend. In ten weeks, I lost 12 pounds and 7 inches. I exercised a lot and learned so much about nutrition that I made much better choices for my meals and snacks. I am really thankful that God prepared me to carry this baby with a healthier body. I needed to lose the weight so I can chase after my ever moving toddler. Now, with two, I will need to be really in shape. They will keep me on my toes! Since the last two months have been a bit of a blur, I will combine some of Abigail's information. The pics aren't that great. Many were taken from my phone. Yeah, mommy didn't take many pictures in the last few months either.
*14 months: 17 lbs 7 oz
*15 months: 18 lbs 6 oz (Yay! She gained almost a pound.)
*wears 6-9 month clothes (more 9 month now)
*wears size 3 diapers
*wears 6-12 month shoes (size 3)
*loves her baby dolls
*her seventh tooth has emerged
*peed in her potty twice!
*took make-up out of my purse and put it in the bathroom drawer with my other cosmetics (so smart!)
*enjoys looking out the window and looking at herself in mirrors
*still nursing: morning and nap time (signs for this, instead of pulling at my shirt)
*words she says: momma, dada or daddy, hi, bye bye, ball, baby, please, thank you, nigh-nigh, I love you, uh oh, Elmo
*sings: Ho,Ho, Ho Hosanna; Wheels on the Bus; Row, Row, Row your boat
*loves to climb her little rocking chair and stand on it, rock, sit down, get off, and do it all over again
*bouncing the ball and chasing after it is great fun
*likes to play with cups and straws
*still takes baths in her little blow up tub
*loves music and dancing
*loves to read books especially animal books
*makes animal noises: roars= lion, moos=cow, hoots=owl, barks=dog, meows=cat, quacks=duck
*gives lots of kisses and hugs to her family and her babies
*likes to close the dishwasher
*has curly hair and it is getting long (I need to cut her bangs, but I am scared to do it!)
*carefully turns her body around to climb down from the couch (can't climb up it yet)
*sleeps 12 hours at night, and takes 2-3 hour nap during the day
*still not liking cow's milk (gets plenty of calcium from whole milk yogurt and cheese)
*discovered her nostrils (so attractive!)
*enjoys chasing the dogs
*knows where her head is, feet are, tongue is, nose is, and belly
*likes to get into the dogs' water bowls
*restless in the car (we sing and I give her toys to keep her occupied)
*recognizes momma and dada in pictures
*loves to open and close doors
*figured out how to remove the plug covers (She tried to plug in the vacuum the other day.)
*turns the volume up or down on the TV receiver knob
*enjoys taking the contents out of her drawers, diaper bag, my purse, and daddy's wallet
*took her diaper off in her crib and peed on her bedding and floor
*loves getting balloons from Trader Joe's
*gets into cracker boxes if they are in reach and starts munching (goldfish, cheez-its, and graham crackers)
*still takes her shoes off in the car (tries to put them back on by herself)
*enjoys taking wipes out of their package and unrolling toilet paper
*loves to put shoes on mommy and daddy

1 comment:

Randall and Rachel Beita said...

What a darling! She looks tall but very delicate. I can hardly belive she is still using such small clothes, very diffrent from my boy who is in size 18 or 2 years.

So glad you are having another little one. I will be praying for you, that you feel better and have more energy.

Blessings for this family of 4!!